Installation of Acronis True Image 2014 fails with a rollback
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image 2014
- An attempt to install Acronis True Image Home 2014 fails with a rollback;
- As a result, the product is not installed.
To identify the exact cause, it is necessary to look into the installation log of the product.
You can view the installer log as described in the following article:
And attempt to analyze it as described in the following article:
(!) If you are installing Acronis True Image 2014 over an older version of the product, please see Acronis True Image 2014: Installation Over an Older Version Fails.
To resolve the issue, you can:
- Collect the MS Installer log. See Acronis True Image 2014: Creating an MS Installer Log;
- Collect Windows System Information File;
- Collect Windows Event Logs: go to Start -> Run -> eventvwr.msc -> right-click on Application and System logs branches and choose to save in EVT/EVTX format;
- Send the collected information to Acronis Customer Central to have it analyzed and have the issue resolved.
You can also try to analyze the log yourself to find out what module of the Acronis product fails to be installed and why. See Analyzing Installation Logs of Acronis Products Based on MSI Technology.