The most likely cause of deployment performance issues are network connection issues. How to troubleshoot such issues and what information needs to be collected, described in this article.
Do the followng to localize the root cause and resolve the issue:
- If an Agent machine and the Server machine are in different subnets, try to connect the agent to server's subnet and reproduce the issue. If it does not help, try to connect the server to agent's subnet and reproduce the issue;
- Turn off antivirus software on the Deploy server and reproduce the issue. If it is not reproduced, add Acronis-related folders to antivirus' exclusions. See Acronis Software: Making Acronis Products Compatible with Antivirus Software for more information;
- Try to change the transfer mode to Multicast;
- Try to change the transfer mode to Unicast;
- If the master image is located on a network share, try to place it on a local disk of the Deploy server. Note the transfer speed while copying. Perform deployment form the local disk;
- Try to perform Standalone deployment (master image is located in its initial location);
- Try to perform Standalone deployment (master image is located on external USB HDD that is connected to the target machine);
If these steps did not improve performance, go to the collect information part.
- Results of tests performed in the Troubleshooting part; these tests are crucially important for problem localization and defining the bottleneck of deployment performance.
- Detailed information about the image location.
- Provide information about network interface controller (NIC). How many NICs are used on Agent and Server machines?
- Provide information about network: Agent and server in the same subnet? What model(s) of router(s) is(are) used?
- System Report from the source and the target machines (Make sure that the disk report contains information about disks. If the disk report is empty, try to collect system report using Bootable media.)
- Screenshots of the steps of the task and template creation (including deployment settings in the template wizard).
- Collect PCAP Log.
With information collected contact Acronis Customer Central.