This article applies to:
- Acronis Snap Deploy 5
- Acronis Snap Deploy 4
Customer may experience some problem with master image creation. How to troubleshoot such issues and what information needs to be collected, described in this article.
- Check if the folder where the master image is going to be placed has full permission (read/write access).
For more information, see this article for Windows XP or this article for other versions/editions of Windows.
Also, try to select another location for the master image (e.g. an external USB HDD);
- Try to open the location with Windows Explorer and copy any file to there;
- Make sure that the file system of the target location supports large files (e.g., maximum file size for FAT32 is 4GB);
- Try to check the source disk before imaging: Go to Start -> cmd.exe and then execute the following command: chkdsk X: /f /r, where "X" - is the letter of the source disk. Example:
System restart may be required:
Type "Y" and press "Enter" key to check the disk after system reboot -> restart the system. After the checking is complete, try to reproduce the issue again.
- If Online imaging fails, try to perform Offline imaging (using Bootable Media);
- If nothing helps, go to Collect information part;