In some rare cases there can be some issues with HID devices, e.g. you booted machine from Bootable Media and your USB mouse doesn't move or keyboard doesn't type or types wrong. Follow step-by-step instructions below to troubleshoot the issue.
- Always use the latest build of the bootable media. It should contain more drivers and problem may be already solved.
- Use another type of HID device. Try to connect PS/2 or another USB keyboard mouse (this is required for problem localization).
- Try WinPE bootable media.
- If you use wireless device, try to use a wired one.
- When troubleshooting mouse detection issues, check driver state. Swith to shell (actions -> start shell) and issue:
# dmesg | grep hid
Output should contain message about successful driver loading. If not, issue:
- Description of the performed troubleshooting steps and their results.
- System Report under the bootable media after you reproduce the issue (it will collect the necessary logs). See Acronis Backup 11.7/11.5: Generating System Report or Acronis True Image 2016: Generating System Report.
- System Report under the operating system if possible. Collect System Report from the machine in question: see instruction for Acronis Backup 11.7/11.5: Generating System Report or Acronis True Image 2016: Generating System Report, if this fails for any reason, you can use this AcronisInfo Utility