In some rare cases there can be some issues with HID devices, e.g. you booted machine from Bootable Media and your USB mouse doesn't move or keyboard doesn't type or types wrong. Follow step-by-step instructions below to troubleshoot the issue.
- Always use the latest build of the bootable media. It should contain more drivers and problem may be already solved.
- Try WinPE/WinRE bootable media.
- Use another type of HID device. Try to connect PS/2 or another USB keyboard mouse (this is required for problem localization).
- If you use wireless device, try using a wired one.
- When troubleshooting mouse detection issues, check driver state. Switch to shell (actions -> start shell) and issue:
# dmesg | grep hid
Output should contain message about successful driver loading. If not, issue:
- Description of the performed troubleshooting steps and their results.
- System Report under the bootable media after you reproduce the issue (it will collect the necessary logs).
- System Report under the operating system if possible. Collect System Report from the machine in question: see instructions in the following articles
- Acronis True Image 2019, 2018 and 2017: Collecting System Report
- Acronis Backup 11.7/11.5: Generating System Report
- Acronis True Image 2016: Generating System Report
If collecting system report from the product fails for any reason, you can use this AcronisInfo Utility