In some rare cases there can be some issues with Tape drive detection in Acronis Media.
You booted machine from Bootable Media. In tape management you click on "Detect tapes" and no (or not all) tape drive(s) appears in the list.
Follow step-by-step instructions below to troubleshoot the issue.
- Always use the latest build of the bootable media. It should contain more drivers and problem may be already solved.
- Check that /dev/sr0 device exist and accesible (Actions -> Start shell):
After a while symbols/graphic on screen or a sound should appear. It means that data is accessible from the tape. If device is not accesible - go th the collect infromation step and contact Acronis Customer Central.
- Check the tape device with (Actions -> Start shell):
#mt -f /dev/st0 rewind
This will start rewinding the tape (you will hear the sound).
If device is not shown in the output - most probably media doesn't support it yet. Go to the collect information step and contact Acronis Customer Central with the information collected.
If you see an error - proceed accordingly or contact Acronis Customer Central with a screenshot of the error message and information collected as described below.
- Description of the performed troubleshooting steps and their results.
- System Report under the bootable media after you reproduce the issue (it will collect the necessary logs). See Acronis Backup 11.7/11.5 Generating System Report.
- System Report under the operating system if possible. Collect System Report from the machine in question: see instruction for Acronis Backup 11.7/11.5 Generating System Report, if this fails for any reason, you can use this AcronisInfo Utility