Acronis Smart Error Reporting is a technology that allows Acronis Customers to gain access to online solutions database and get relevant information about error messages shown by Acronis products.
How does Smart Error Reporting work?
When an operation fails and error is generated, the error message may be stored in logs or displayed interactively. The interface which displays this error has the “More information” button. Clicking this button opens a web browser, with an article about this error and possible fixes or workarounds available in Acronis Knowledge Base
I’m concerned about my privacy. Which information is transmitted to your server by Smart Error Reporting?
The following information is transferred:
- Error codes
- Name and version of the Acronis Software
- Name and version of the operating system
- Other anonymous information associated with the error
The following information is never transferred:
- Contact information (including emails)
- Values and parameters used by software, such as usernames, passwords, environment variables
- Any other non-anonymous information
I received a error from the software, and there is Smart Error Reporting information also available. Does it mean that you confirm that this problem exists in the software?
Not necessarily. Not every error means that there is a bug in the software which needs to be fixed. Often, an error may be induced by incorrect operation, software or hardware configuration. In such cases, the software or operating system configuration should be corrected, rather than a fix applied to the software.
The information about the error that I have is not available. Why?
Acronis Support Team is constantly working on adding new content to the Knowledge Base. Those errors affecting largest number of Acronis Customers, as well as the errors with most severe impact to normal software functioning are processed with highest priority. If the error that you experienced does not have a solution associated yet, there is a good chance that it will become available later.
Do I have an option to be contacted when the problem I experienced is fixed?
With Smart Error Reporting, Acronis does not collect your contact information, and thus not able to notify you when the problem your experienced if fixed.
Which products support Smart Error Reporting?
Acronis is adding Smart Error Reporting technology to every new product released. Also, Smart Error Reporting is being added to the products currently supported. Currently, the following products have Smart Error Reporting enabled:
- Acronis Backup (Advancd) 11.7
- Acronis Backup (Advanced) 11.5 (Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5)
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10
- Acronis True Image Home 2010
- Acronis True Image Home 2011
- Acronis True Image Home 2012
- True Image 2013 by Acronis
- Acronis True Image 2014
- Acronis True Image 2015
- Acronis True Image 2016, Acronis True Image Cloud (Release 2016)
- Acronis Disk Director 12
- Acronis Disk Director 11
- Acronis Backup for VMware (Acronis vmProtect)
- Acronis Snap Deploy 5
- Acronis Snap Deploy 4
Does Smart Error Reporting also help to troubleshoot warning and information messages?
Currently Smart Error Reporting is enabled for error messages only.
Example of an error code in Acronis Backup & Recovery: