In some cases, system can become unbootable after cloning operation. How to troubleshoot such issues and what information needs to be collected, described in this article.
Follow step-by-step instructions below to troubleshoot the issue.
- If the source machine used IDE mode, try to turn on the IDE mode on the target machine;
- If the source machine used AHCI mode, try to turn on the AHCI mode on the target machine;
- Try to perform cloning using Bootable media;
- If the issue persists, try to fix system bootability following these instructions
- If nothing helps, go to Collect information part;
The following information has to be collected for further investigation of the issue:
- System Report from source and target machines (Make sure that each disk report contains information about disks):
Acronis True Image: Collecting System Report
Acronis True Image 2016: Generating System Report
Acronis True Image 2015: Generating System Report
Acronis True Image 2014: Generating System Report
- Photo of the boot error;
- Collect the log of the cloning operation from within Bootable Media: open the Log view, right-click on the necessary log and select Save all. (in older versions, "Save all" button can be found in the upper menu)
- Provide the exact description of the entire process: the environment under which the operation has been performed is important.