Should you experience a problem with mounting and/or exploring backups, please follow these steps to troubleshoot such issues.
- Validate the backup to check if it is not corrupted. If validation shows the backup is corrupted, proceed as described in Troubleshooting Issues with Corrupt Backups.
- Make sure the folder where the backup is placed has full permission (read/write access):
For more information, see this article for Windows XP or this article for other versions/editions of Windows.
- Make sure that archive is consistent (all the backup files are in the same location) if it is an Incremental backup chain.
- If the archive/backup is located on a network share, try to place the archive/backup on a local disk to localize the problem.
- If nothing helps, go to Collect information part.
The following information has to be collected for further investigation of the issue:
- System report (Acronis True Image 2016: Generating System Report, Acronis True Image 2015: Generating System Report or Acronis True Image 2014: Generating System Report).
- If backup is located on a network share/NAS, collect PCAP Log.
- Process monitor log (PML).
- If mount operation hangs or crashes, collect dump of the crashed process. Proceed as described in Acronis Software: Troubleshooting Application Crashes or Acronis Software: Troublshooting Application Lockups.
- Information about software: its version and build that was used to create the backup.
- Information about backup: backup scheme that was used (full/incremental/differential), backup splitting, password protection/encryption, backup location.
With information collected please contact contact Acronis Customer Central