Instructions on how to save the Acronis Agent for ESX/ESXi Virtual Appliance logs to a network share
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Virtual Edition
In Acronis Backup Advanced 11.5 (Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 Advanced) you can collect logs from product interface, see Acronis Backup 11.5: Generating System Report
To troubleshoot issues with the Virtual Appliance, it is recommended to collect Acronis Agent for ESX/ESXi Virtual Appliance logs.
- Connect to Virtual Appliance from Acronis Backup & Recovery Management Console by going to Connect -> Manage a remote machine;
To make sure you connect directly to Virtual Appliance, do the following:
- Connect to your ESX server using VMware VSphere client and select Acronis Virtual Appliance in the list;
- Note the IP address listed under eth0:
- Run Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Management Console and press Manage remote machine. Type in the IP address listed under eth0 on Virtual Appliance and credentials for accessing Virtual Appliance:
- Make sure that machine name is shown as localhost-VA. Go to Help and select Collect system information:
- Or go to Log and select Save all to file.
If you face any issues when collecting ESX appliance logs via product interface, you can use one of the alternative methods:
If you have an issue with Acronis Agent for ESX/ESXi Virtual Appliance, contact Acronis Customer Central with a reference to this article and the collected logs.
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Agent for ESX/ESXi
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Support for VMware ESX/ESXi
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Agent for ESX/ESXi: "Creating a quiesced snapshot failed"