Under specific circumstances software may crash. It is very important to report a crash instead of trying to workaround it. Normal workflow for a crash problem is the following:
- Crash happens.
- Support reports crash to developers and provides them crash dumps.
- Developers investigate the dumps and find root causes.
- Fixes are implemented.
In order for our development team to troubleshoot a crash, they need process dumps and other logs listed in this article.
What information needs to be gathered:
1. Step by step description of the issue
2. Log of the operation which caused the crash
3. Crash Dump. Select section corresponding to your operating system.
4. Process Monitor log collected during crash
5. System report:
- Acronis Backup Cloud: Collecting System Report
- Acronis True Image 2017-2020: Generating System Report
- Acronis True Image 2016: Generating System Report
- Acronis Backup 12.5 and 12: Collecting System Information
- Acronis Backup 11.7/11.5 Generating System Report
- if this operation fails for any reason, you can use AcronisInfo Utility
With the information collected contact Acronis Customer Central.
For Service Providers - it is Acronis Service Providers Support Team
- ATI - Backup
- ATI - Pre Post-Backup Recovery Operations
- ATI - Recovery
- ATI - Cloning
- ATI - Tools & Utilities
- ATI - Installation
- AB - Installation
- AB - Backup
- Application OS crash
- ATIH - Bootable Media
- Bootable Media Crash (Reboot)
- Bootable Media Builder
- Disk Management
- ATIH - Application Crash
- Program Startup
- T&D Usage
- Tools & Utilities
- Online Backup
- AVMP - Application crash
- Application crashes
- Bootable media builder (Windows)
- ADS - Application Crash
- Image Creation
- Das Aktivitätsstadium wurde nach einem unerwarteten Fehler repariert. Der Server war wahrscheinlich nicht verfügbar.
- The activity state has been repaired after unexpected failure. The server was probably unavailable.
- The activity has failed due to a restart of the service
- AB - Pre/Post-Backup/Recovery Operations