Acronis True Image does not support cloning if the source drive has different sector size than the destination drive
- In Acronis True Image clone wizard you select the source drive.
- The destination drive cannot be selected (grayed out).
Source and destination drives have different logic sector size. Acronis can clone one drive to another only if both drives have the same logic sector size.
You can check the sector size in the system information:
- Go to Start. In search, type msinfo32.exe and press Enter.
- Navigate to Components -> Storage -> Disks and find the desired disk.
- Sector size will be displayed in the Bytes/Sector line:
Compare the size of both disks. If they differ, cloning is not possible.
Applicable to Acronis True Image 2016: alternatively, you can collect system information using Acronis bootable media:
- Click Show help -> Generate system report:
- Save the generated system report.
- Open the archive, and then open disks.txt.
- Compare Physical Sector Size of both disks. If they differ, cloning is not possible.
Select another disk as target. Both source and target disks should have identical sector size.
See also Cloning Laptop Hard Disk.