Acronis True Image does not support cloning if the source drive has different sector size than the destination drive
- In Acronis True Image clone wizard you select the source drive.
- The destination drive is grayed out and cannot be selected
Source and destination drives have different logical sector size. Acronis True Image can clone one drive to another only if both drives have the same logical sector size.
You can check the sector size in the system information:
- Go to Start. In search, type msinfo32.exe and press Enter.
- Navigate to Components -> Storage -> Disks and find the desired disk.
- Sector size will be displayed in the Bytes/Sector line:
Compare the logical sector size of both disks. If they differ, cloning is not possible.
Alternatively, you can collect system information using Acronis bootable media.
Select another disk as target. Both source and target disks should have identical sector size.
See also Cloning Laptop Hard Disk.