This article informs about supported Microsoft Exchange versions and provide steps to troubleshoot issue with installation failing with error “MS Exchange server is not installed or has an unsupported version".
Follow these steps to troubleshoot issues with “MS Exchange server is not installed or has an unsupported version" errors during installation of Acronis Agent for MS Exchange.
- Check for known issues in the Known issues part.
- Follow to Troubleshooting part to troubleshoot and resolve the issue.
|Acronis Backup Advanced 11.5: During Installation Checkbox of Agent for Exchange Is Grayed Out||Windows Small Business Server 2003 with MS Exchange Server 2003|
Follow step-by-step instructions below to troubleshoot the issue.
Complete all steps before proceeding to error troubleshooting step.
1.1 Make sure you install Agent for Exchange on a machine with a supported version of MS Exchange Server
1.2 Make sure you install Agent for Exchange in a supported Operating System
- Windows Server 2003/2003 R2 – the Standard, Enterprise editions (x86, x64)
- Windows Server 2008 – the Standard, Enterprise editions (x86, x64)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 – the Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter, Foundation editions
- Windows Small Business Server 2003/2003 R2
- Windows Small Business Server 2008
- Windows Small Business Server 2011
- Windows Server 2012 – the Standard and Datacenter editions
- Windows Server 2012 R2 - the Standard and Datacenter editions
1.3 If you install Agent for Exchange in a clustered environment, make sure the cluster configuration is supported:
1.4 Check the MS Exchange environment
Make sure that the MS Exchange Server is operational at the moment when you try to install Agent for Exchange: no errors are logged in Application and System Event Logs, mail delivery works correctly and without delays, services used by Exchange work correctly (see Microsoft Technet Article: Services That Are Used by Exchange)
If all requirements are met, but the issue still persists, go to the collect information step.
2. Collect information
Collect following information and contact Acronis Support.
2.1 Installation log
Collect installation log as described in Creating an MS Installer Log of Acronis Software or screenshot of the error message, if the installation process is not started yet.
2.2 System Report
Collect System Report as described in Acronis Backup 11.7/11.5: Generating System Report, if this fails for any reason, you can use this AcronisInfo Utility tool.
2.3 Export this Registry key
Export of the Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Exchange\