Make sure Windows Live Mails is closed before running an E-Mail backup or do an image backup
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image 2014
- True Image 2013 by Acronis
- Acronis True Image Home 2012
- You attempt to run an E-mail backup of Windows Live Mail;
- The backup fails with the following error message:
Error occurred while backing up. (0x40019)
Tag = 0xCE542E14DA203B82
Error while opening Windows Live Mail database. Make sure that Windows Live Mail is closed and all its current processes are complete (in the separate window or notification area). (0x58000B)
Tag = 0xFD286E23FBE01EBE
EseError = FFFFFFFFFFFFFBF8)
Tag = 0x348BE43B87574F69
This is a limitation of the E-mail backup. To do the backup Acronis True Image opens Windows Live Mail as database using Microsoft Jet Database Engine.
Live Mail uses Microsoft Jet Database Engine to access this same database as well. But Live Mail uses the database in exclusive mode, which means Acronis True Image cannot access it.
There are two possible workarounds:
- If you are going to do an E-mail backup, make sure Windows Live Mail is closed prior to starting the backup operation, as the error message suggests. This will let Acronis True Image access the database and back it up.
- Do an entire system backup instead of just Email backup. When you image the entire system, Acronis True Image uses its snapshot technology and backs up both locked for exclusive access and unlocked files.
See also Acronis True Image 2014.