The recommendation is to install Acronis Agent, Acronis Management Console and Acronis Media Builder
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Small Business Server Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition
If you are intending to use Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Edition in a standalone scenario (i.e, one license, local machine management only, and no ability for remote operations), it is recommended to install only the following product components:
- Acronis License Server - to allow for installation of the agent module through confirming there is a valid license for it available during the install process. Don't forget to add your product license into Acronis License Server, otherwise you will not be able to install Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Edition. See Using Acronis License Server and Installing or Upgrading Acronis License Server.
- Acronis Agent for Windows and Acronis Management Console - to manage the machine (back up, restore, mount images etc). See also Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Management Console and Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Agent for Windows;
- Tray Monitor - to have notifications from the product on the toolbar;
- Upgrade Tool - optional. If you are going to upgrade from Acronis True Image Echo. See also Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Upgrade Tool;
- Bootable Components and Media Builder - to be able to boot a crashed or unbootable machine. See also Standalone Version of Acronis Software and Downloading Acronis Bootable Media.
Here is a screenshot (left) of the checked components recommended to install in a standalone scenario of Acronis Backup & Recovery Advanced Edition. On the right is a screenshot Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Standalone:
Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced
Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Standalone
Installing the Acronis License Server on Windows Home editions is not possible and remote connection to the Acronis Agents installed on Windows Home editions are disabled. See also Operating Systems Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Supports. Thus using the Standalone version without Acronis License Server is recommended on these platforms.
In addition, we recommend to use the Standalone version on notebooks that can not connect to the corporate license server at least every 30 days (see Using Acronis License Server).
After uninstalling Acronis Management Server you may also uninstall the Acronis "MS SQL Server 2005" Express instance via the Control Panel.
Also, after uninstalling Acronis Management Server, you may disable the SQL Server (ACRONIS) service (Start-Run -> services.msc -> Disable).