Make sure you have both Acronis True Image 2014 Upgrade serial number and a serial number from a previous version of Acronis True Image
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image 2014
You can install Acronis True Image 2014 with an upgrade serial number over a previous version or on a clean system (i.e. a system that does not have a previous version installed).
Acronis True Image 2014 Upgrade does not require a previous version of the software for installation.
(!) Installation over a previous version of Acronis True Image will require a reboot. Installation on a system where Acronis True Image is not installed will not require a reboot to operate Acronis True Image 2014.
You can install Acronis True Image 2014 over the following versions:
- True Image 2013
- Acronis True Image Home 2012
- Acronis True Image Home 2011
If you have an earlier version of the product, you should uninstall it first.
True Image 2013 backup archives are fully compatible with Acronis True Image 2014.
All you need to have is two serial numbers:
- Acronis True Image 2014 Upgrade serial number;
- Acronis True Image Home previous version serial number (upgrade or full).
For information on what previous versions are accepted see Acronis Software Upgrade Table.
For information on where to find the serial numbers see Finding Your Acronis Product Serial Number.
(!) Installation of Acronis True Image 2014 should be performed under account with Administrator privileges. The product needs to obtain low-level access to machine's disks\partitions which can only be granted under Administrator account
- Start the installation file and click Install:
- If you accept the license agreement, click I accept this agreement and Next:
- Select whether you would like to be a part of Acronis Customer Experience Program (ACEP) and click Next:
- Enter the upgrade serial number to install the full version of the product:
- Enter a serial number from a previous version of Acronis True Image Home (upgrade or full):
If you have Internet connection, please check the Activation box:
- Review the installation summary and hit Proceed to install the product:
See also Acronis True Image 2014.
If you need assistance or have questions, please contact Acronis Customer Central.