Backup to unmanaged vault fails if the XML file with archive metadata is corrupt
The following conditions are met:
- XML file with metadata of an archive in the vault folder (Archive(1).xml) gets corrupted and contains incorrect information or is empty.
- Backup to this archive creates a new backup file, but a backup job fails with an error message:
Command 'Running backup plan 'local'' has failed.
Error code: 61
Fields: $module : mms_vs_37687
Message: Command 'Running backup plan 'local'' has failed.
Error code: 41
Fields: $module : agent_protection_addon_vs_37687
Message: ProtectCommand: Failed to execute the command.
Error code: 207
Fields: IsReturnCode : 1, $module : disk_bundle_vs_37687
Message: Failed to create an archive in location 'arl:/AF61C72E-D618-4FBA-9EAA-42EB160A6672/D3BDE779-FF55-48CB-971C-014630946431'.
Error code: 10
Fields: $module : disk_bundle_vs_37687
Message: File 'Archive(1).xml' with meta information is corrupted.
Error code: 1
Fields: line : 1, column : 4, $module : disk_bundle_vs_37687
Message: Failed to parse the XML.
- New backup is not present in the vault view, but the backup file is present in the vault folder.
XML file is not updated automatically if it gets corrupted. New information will not be written into the archive metadata and new backups will not be shown in the vault.
Manually recreate the metadata file by clicking on Refresh button in the vault.
If this does not help, the problem should be investigated further in order to find the root cause for metadata corruption in your environment. Please do the following:
- Move the corrupted XML file 'Archive(1).xml' to a temporary folder. The XML file is located in the vault's folder (the folder, where the backup files are stored).
- Click on the Refresh button in the vault. New metadata will be created for each chain in the archive (full backup plus its dependencies). (!) Please note that each backup chain gets new name and is displayed as a separate archive. Retention of these backups should be done manually.
- Change archive name in the backup plan and run the backup.
- Collect the following information and contact Acronis Customer Central:
- all .xml-files from the vault;
- output of tree /f /a D:\VaultPath command where VaultPath is the path to your vault;
- Process Monitor log during retention rules failure, see Collecting Process Monitor Log;
- System Report from the machine in question: see instruction for Acronis Backup 11.5 Generating System Report, if this fails for any reason, you can use this AcronisInfo Utility
The issue is under investigation.
- Acronis Backup: Compatibility of Centralized Unmanaged Vaults Across Different Product Versions
- Acronis Backup: Archives and Backups