How to create Acronis Bootable Media with a backup archive on it (all-in-one)
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image 2014
Using Acronis True Image 2014, you can create Acronis Bootable Media that has a backup of your system on it (all-in-one).
Acronis Bootable Media with a backup can be created on the following media:
- USB flash drive formatted in FAT32;
(!) If you select different media as destination (e.g. internal hard drive), the Make this media bootable option will be grayed out:
- Start Acronis True Image 2014, go to Backup and recovery and select Disk and partition backup:
- Select a partition or the whole disk to back up:
- As a backup location, select the removable media (CD/DVD/Flash):
- Select option Make this media bootable:
Click Back up now.
(!) Bootable media with a backup file can only be created when using Acronis True Image 2014 in Windows. It is impossible to create such media in bootable environment.
If the size of the backup does not fit one piece of media (e.g. CD), the file will be split into several volumes. In this case, the bootable piece will be the first one.