Installation of Acronis Management Server
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup Advanced for vCloud
- Acronis Backup Advanced for vCloud: Preparing for Installation
- Acronis Backup Advanced for vCloud: Installing and configuring RabbitMQ Server
- Acronis Backup Advanced for vCloud: Supported Guest Operating Systems
- On the machine where you are going to install Acronis Management Server, log on as an administrator.
- Start the Acronis Backup Advanced setup program.
- Click Install Acronis Backup.
- Accept the terms of the license agreement.
- Select the Centrally monitor and configure backing up of physical and virtual machines check box.
- Provide the license for Acronis Backup Advanced for vCloud. Type all your license keys or import them from a text file.
- Choose whether the machine will participate in the Acronis Customer Experience Program (CEP).
- Click Install to proceed with installation.
- On successful installation, click Finish to close the wizard window.
- Copy the script enable_remote_sql_access.js that is distributed with the product, to the management server machine.
The script configures the SQL Server instance to be accessible to Agent for vCloud. It creates a new SQL Server account that Agent for vCloud will use, configures the instance to listen to a static port, and configures Windows Firewall to allow connections through that port.
- Run the script in the following format:
cscript enable_remote_sql_access.js <new-user-name> <new-password> [-p <port>]
<new-user-name>, <new-password> are the user name and password for the new account.
-p <port> is an optional parameter that enables you to specify the port to use.
C:\>cscript enable_remote_sql_access.js User 123 -p 3322
If you do not specify the port, it will be chosen automatically. Examine the port number that was chosen by the script:
Port 1433 is picked
(!) Remember the credentials and the port number. You will be asked for them when configuring Agent for vCloud.
See also Acronis Backup Advanced for vCloud.