Agent for vCloud obtains events from vCloud Director via a RabbitMQ AMQP broker
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup Advanced for vCloud
Agent for vCloud obtains events from vCloud Director via a RabbitMQ AMQP broker.
If your vCloud Director already uses a RabbitMQ AMQP broker, make sure that the exchange type is set to topic.
If RabbitMQ AMQP broker is already installed, but not used by vCloud Director, skip to Step 5.
- Download RabbitMQ Server from http://www.rabbitmq.com/download.html.
- If you want to install RabbitMQ Server on a machine running Windows, download and run Erlang Windows Binary File, which is available at http://www.erlang.org/download.html.
- Follow the RabbitMQ installation instructions to install RabbitMQ on any convenient host. The host must have network access to vCloud Director.
- The RabbitMQ management plug-in is required so that you can configure RabbitMQ Server. Do one of the following, depending on the operating system of the RabbitMQ host:
rabbitmq-plugins enable rabbitmq_management
- Go to Start -> All programs -> RabbitMQ Server -> RabbitMQ Command Prompt.
- Run the following command: rabbitmq-plugins enable rabbitmq_management
- Run Start -> All programs -> RabbitMQ Server -> RabbitMQ Service - stop.
- Run Start -> All programs -> RabbitMQ Server -> RabbitMQ Service - start.
- Open a Web browser and go to the RabbitMQ Web UI located at: http://<server name>:15672/. Here, <server name> is the address of the RabbitMQ host.
- Provide the credentials of a RabbitMQ user. The default credentials are:
- User name: guest
- Password: guest
- Click Exchanges.
- Under Add a new exchange:
- In Name, specify a name for a new exchange that will be used by Agent for vCloud. For example, specify vcdExchange.
- In Type, select topic.
- Leave the default values for all other settings.
- Click Add exchange.
- Log in as an administrator to vCloud Director.
- Click Administration.
- Under System settings, click Extensibility.
- Under Notifications, select the Enable notifications check box.
- Under AMQP Broker Settings:
- In AMQP Host, specify the name or IP address of the RabbitMQ host.
- In AMQP Port, type 5672.
- In Exchange, specify the name of the new exchange that you created on Step 9.
- In vHost, type /.
- In Prefix, type vcd.
- In User Name, type guest.
- In Password, type guest.
- Click Apply.
See also Acronis Backup Advanced for vCloud.