You mount a network share as a Windows mapped drive in Windows Explorer or through the net use command. When you use Acronis software, you may observe the following:
- Mapped drives are not listed/available in GUI (e.g. as the backup source/destination).
- Backup via acrocmd command line tool to a mapped drive fails.
Windows mapped drives are not supported. It is a limitation of the current software architecture.
Use UNC path to specify a network share:
When you map a network drive, it becomes mapped only under a respective Windows account on the local machine - and this specifics can cause different issues for the scheduled backup tasks (which are executed in the context of the system account) or other product functionality, especially when the respective Windows account is logged off.
- Backup to a Network Share Fails Due to Connection Failure
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 Update 1: Browsing Network Share Hangs
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11: Impossible to Select Network Share As Source for Backup