Find and set the former ID for the Storage Node instance in registry settings
- Vaults are attached to Storage Node.
- Storage Node is uninstalled keeping the logs and settings of the product.
- Storage Node is installed on the same machine with the same or a different build version.
After the steps above are performed, the following behavior is observed:
- Vaults are present on Storage Node and their statistics are shown.
- Vaults can be browsed and archives can be viewed.
- When editing existing backup plan or creating a new backup plan, and the vault is selected, on confirmation of the location selection following error message appears:
The vault you have selected is unavailable at the moment. Select another vault.
During Storage Node uninstallation, its registry settings with the instance ID are deleted. With the new installation, a new ID is assigned to the Storage Node instance. However the vaults keep the former Storage Node ID in their metadata as it is not updated automatically. This discrepancy leads to vault access errors.
There are several ways to resolve the issue:
Find and specify the former Storage Node ID.
- Go to Storage Node logs:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10, 2008, 2012: C:\ProgramData\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\ASN\Logs
- Windows XP, 2003: C:\Dokuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\ASN\Logs
- Open a log that was created before Storage Node uninstallation and contains operations with vaults.
- Search for the log entry containing the 'arl:/' record. This string will contain the Storage Node ID:
- Copy this ID into the value of ASNCurrentMachineID parameter of the following registry key, replacing the existing value:
- Restart the Acronis Storage Node Service.
- Re-add the Storage Node to the Management Server.
Reattach the vaults to the Storage Node.
- Detach and attach the vaults to the Storage Node. After vault is reattached, it updates its metadata and specifies the new Storage Node ID in its configuration.
- Edit the existing backup plans to update the vaults configuration.
(!) Tape vaults cannot be re-attached. Please proceed to Solution 1 if tape vaults are used.