Add the NETWORK SERVICE user to the %temp% folder with Full control permissions to solve the issue
This article applies to:
- In Acronis Recovery for MS SQL Server you start the Restore Data wizard and select the Restore to point of failure option;
- The restore fails with the following error message:
Operating system error 5(Access is denied.)
The product failed to access the %temp% folder.
Add the NETWORK SERVICE user with full control permissions to the %temp% folder:
- Locate the folder by hitting Start-Run and typing in %temp%;
- Right-click on the Temp folder and select Properties;
- Click Add on the Security tab:
- Type in NETWORK SERVICE, click Check Names and then OK:
- Tick off Full Control -> Allow and click OK:
- Reattempt the restore operation.
Feel free to contact Acronis Customer Central if you have further questions or need assistance