It is recommended to have the latest update installed before reaching out to Acronis Customer Central. The majority of all the reported issues in the product that have been previously reported may most likely have been fixed in the latest build. Initial releases are an exception.
Please have the following information available before contacting Acronis Technical Support:
Define the issue
- Explain the symptoms of the issue;
- Provide error messages or error output associated with the issue (if there is any);
- Provide as many details related to the issue as possible, including steps to recreate the issue;
- Define the desired action or outcome you want from the product;
- Attach screen shots of the issue you are facing, if possible;
Determine the business impact
Please determine how this affects your system and your ability to meet your business needs. The severity rating represents the actual impact that the reported issue has on Acronis in meeting your business needs.
It is either determined by the Customer on the web form while submitting a helpdesk request to Support or at the time when seeking Chat Support or determined by the Support Engineer at the time when contacting via Phone.
||Backup Systems are down or non-operational in key aspects, e.g. Backup Creation/Backup Recovery, Data Loss, Unbootable/Crashing System, Significant Performance Degradation preventing backup core functions, causing critical disruption to business operations
||Major product functionality doesn't work, e.g. Deployment, Validation, Product Installation Failure with critical time sensitivity, but not impacting business operations
||Product functionality is impacted, but most operations continue, e.g. Product Performance/Compatibility issues, Logging errors, Undocumented Behavior, with moderate priority
||Product functionality is not impacted. Customer service, pre-sales, website-related queries; minor usability, GUI issues; how-to questions, product information (functionality, requirements, setup, etc.) requests.
Gathering relevant information
- Know the current product build number installed
- Explain if the issue occurred before or if this is an isolated incident
- Explain what occurred before the issue was detected
- List the hardware, software or other environmental changes recently made to the system
Provide the proper contact information for Acronis Customer Central follow-up
If you are escalating an end-user request and you are not the contact person, provide the name and contact information of the person that Acronis Customer Central needs to contact.