Backup of databases or mailboxes or browsing of mailboxes fails with "MAPI IMsgstore has not been retrieved from IMAPIsession. HRESULT: -2147221219". To fix this issue, install the MS update rollup.
- You are using Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 (Standard or Enterprise) with Service Pack 1
- You attempt one of the following operations:
- Backup of information store (database);
- Backup of mailboxes;
- Browsing up to folders of mailboxes in the Data to Back up window.
- The operation fails with the following error message:
Error code: 209
Fields: $module : arx_agent_fork_vs_32308
Message: MAPI IMsgStore has not been retrieved from IMAPISession. HRESULT: -2147221219.
This is a known issue in Microsoft Exchange 2010 Service Pack 1.
To solve this issue, please download and install the following:
- Microsoft Knowledge Base: Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1
See also Microsoft Knowledge Base: "MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER (0x8004011D)" error message when you access an Exchange Server 2010 mailbox by using a MAPI application