Deployment on Dell Precision workstations results in drive letters in reverse order
This article applies to:
- Acronis Snap Deploy 4
- You run a deployment, using Acronis Snap Deploy 4.0 Bootable Media;
- The target system is a Dell Precision Workstation;
- The Bootable Media shows the drive letters as reversed. See Acronis Bootable Media displays wrong drive letters;
- After deployment, the wrong drive letters remains on the target machine. As a result the drive letters are reversed;
In BIOS of the source machine, the RAID is set to 'On' by default. This is the cause of the issue.
To solve the issue, you need to switch off the RAID in Bios of source system.
- Boot the Dell Precision Workstation and enter into BIOS (most common is F2 or F11 key);
- Change the value of RAID from On to AHCP;
- Save & Exit Bios and reboot machine;
- Create a new master image using the Acronis bootable media. See Performing offline imaging;
- Deploy this image to any ready machine; see Deployment to any ready machines. Or to a specific machine, see Deployment to specific machines.
If the issue is not resolved, please collect a system information report from source and target system. From the source system we need this report from before and after applying the Bios setting. See Collecting system information. Please contact Acronis Support with a reference to this article.