Download and run a Linux shell script to resolve the issue
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server (Agent for Linux)
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Server for Linux (Standalone)
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Small Business Server Edition (Agent for Linux)
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition (Agent for Linux)
Any attempt to install Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Agent for Linux on a non-RPM 64-bit Linux distribution fails with the following error message:
package dkms-2.0.21-1 is intended for a noarch architecture
Issue in the product.
This has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest build of Acronis Backup & Recovery 10. See Downloading the Latest Build of Acronis Software.
To solve the issue without downloading the latest build, proceed as described below:
- Download a special shell script;
- Unzip the downloaded script;
- Issue the following command:
#sh update.sh <installation_file_name>
where <installation_file_name> is the name of the Acronis Agent installation file.
See also the list of most used RPM-based distributions: