By default, MS SharePoint on Windows SBS does not have any MS SQL user with the sysadmin role.
You need to assign the sysadmin role for proper Acronis SharePoint operation.
Take the following steps to give any Windows user an MS SQL sysadmin role:
- Stop the SQL Server Service:
- Run Command Line as Administrator
- Type net stop MSSQL$SHAREPOINT
- Start SQL Server in Single User mode:
- Type net start MSSQL$SHAREPOINT /m SQLCMD
- Connect to SQL Server in sqlcmd
- Type sqlcmd –S.\MSSQL$SHAREPOINT
- Copy and paste the following code to sqlcmd window:
CREATE LOGIN [BUILTIN\Administrators] FROM WINDOWS WITH DEFAULT_DATABASE=[master]
EXEC master..sp_addsrvrolemember @loginame = N’BUILTIN\Administrators’, @rolename = N’sysadmin’
- Restart the service in Command line in normal mode:
- net stop MSSQL$SHAREPOINT
- net start MSSQL$SHAREPOINT
- MSDN: Connect to SQL Server When System Administrators Are Locked Out
- Help SQL Server: I lost sa password and no one has System Administrator (SysAdmin) permission. What should I do?