A task scheduled to start on Wake-on-LAN fails, but starts successfully when user logs in
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Small Business Server Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition
- You create a backup plan and specify that the scheduled task should automatically start on Wake-on-LAN;
- When the target machine automatically starts at the scheduled time on Wake-on-LAN, the corresponding task does not start;
- If you log in the target machine, the scheduled tasks starts successfully.
- You connect Acronis Management Console to Acronis Management Server;
- Once connected, you create a backup policy:
- You create a custom backup scheme:
- In the Advanced settings you specify that the task should start on Wake-on-LAN:
- When Acronis Management Server wakes the machine on scheduled time, the scheduled task does not start. If a user logs in the machine, the scheduled task starts successfully.
Issue in the product.
This has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest build of Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 (Build 11345 or later). See Downloading the Latest Build of Acronis Software.
To work around the issue without downloading the latest update, proceed as described below:
As a workaround, set the Distribute the start time within the time window to a short maximum delay (e.g. 3 minutes):
- Click Backup scheme -> Custom;
- Click Change;
- In the Advanced settings section click Change;
- Check both Use Wake-on-LAN and Distribute the start time within the time window:
The task should then start successfully.
This has been fixed.