Change the "List View Threshold" option on SharePoint
- You start extracting attachments from a specific site;
- The extraction fails with the following error:
The attempted operation is prohibited because it exceeds the list view threshold enforced by the administrator
SharePoint throttles the maximum number of objects in one query using the List View Threshold feature.
In some cases during the extract operation Acronis SharePoint Explorer may exceed the threshold and fail with this error.
Change the List View Threshold option:
- Login to Central Admininstration;
- Go to Application Management -> Manage Web Applications;
- Select SharePoint Central Administration WebApplication;
- In the ribbon above, click General Settings. That will bring down a menu, from which you should pick Resource Throttling;
- Change the List View Threshold option (first item in this list) to 50000 and press OK;
- Retry the extract operation. If it still fails, you may need to increase the LVT value to 100000.
See also Microsoft TechNet: Designing large lists and maximizing list performance (SharePoint Server 2010).