This article applies to:
- All Acronis Products
In order to uninstall any Acronis backup product, you can start the installer executable or choose product from software list. There may be situations where for some reason the uninstallation fails. In the solution section below you will find steps to uninstall or remove the Acronis backup product.
(!) As a precautionary measure, prior to using the Cleanup Utility, we highly recommend that necessary backup measures be taken to preserve Customer data. This can be done using Acronis software or third party software and/or hardware.
Please follow these steps to remove any Acronis Backup software from a Windows machine. The order specified here is important - always first try the steps described in the top of the list:
- Go to All Programs -> Acronis -> … -> Uninstall <Acronis product> => try uninstalling this way if the option is present for the product.
- If this does not work for any reason, please start the full installation file (executable) and choose the option to remove the product.
- If the steps above do not lead to the full product removal, please use the Microsoft FixIt tool. Choose the I want to uninstall a product option.
- If the Microsoft FixIt could not solve the issue, please use the related Acronis Cleanup Utility:
- Acronis True Image(all versions): Cleanup Utility
- Acronis Cyber Backup: Cleanup Utility
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Cleanup Utility
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Cleanup Utility
- Acronis Disk Director Cleanup Utility