When performing a recovery of an Windows XP or 2003 Server system with a change from IDE to AHCI makes the system unbootable after succesfull recovery. To fix this issue, use an older Intel storage driver.
This article applies to:
- All Acronis Backup products
- The backed up machine has Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 as operating system;
- The source machine uses IDE for the storage drives;
- The target machine uses AHCI mode;
- The recovery is performed, Acronis Universal Restore is applied;
- The system does not boot.
During the Acronis Universal Restore operation, an Intel driver (RST driver 188.8.131.523) is used. Intel chipset drivers after version 184.108.40.2066 are not supporting Windows XP or Windows Server 2003. As a result the system is unbootable.
You can work around this issue, using the last compatible driver.
Feel free to contact Acronis Support if you need additional assistance.