When launching MassTransit Enterprise or Professional, the following error message occurs at startup:
Missing Hardware Key
After dismissing the error dialog, MassTransit fails to open, returning the user to the desktop.
This message only appears where USB hardware keys are implemented.
The 'Missing Hardware Key' (dongle) error message may occur for a number of reasons. The following steps below can help resolve most common hardware key related problems.
Determine Whether Dongle is Receiving Power:
Examine the side of MassTransit's USB hardware key. Determine whether a solid green indicator light can be observed. A solid light indicates that the hardware key is receiving power from the USB port. In the event that the light is not visible, perform the following procedure:
1. Remove and re-insert the hardware key; determine whether indicator light becomes visible.
2. Remove and re-insert the hardware key; determine Windows 2000 displays a Plug-and-play dialog.
3. Insert the USB hardware key into a different USB port, to determine whether USB port itself is working.
In the unlikely event of a failed hardware key, contact Group Logic technical support or your MassTransit sales representative. Hardware keys that are covered under an active maintenance agreement can be immediately replaced.
Determine Appropriate Hardware Key is Used:
Examine the side plastic cover of the hardware key to confirm the model name is "Sentinel Super Pro" and not "Eve 3." The Eve3 is a model of hardware key that is not supported on Windows(PC) platforms.
Hardware Key Driver Not Installed or Recognized:
If you are able to determine that the hardware is receiving power (green indicator light) and that the appropriate hardware key is implemented, it is then necessary to confirm that the appropriate hardware key driver has been installed, or is being recognized.
This driver is a component of the MassTransit installer, and is placed on the Windows system during the initial installation process. In some events, the driver fails to install properly or is not immediately recognized by the Windows operating system. The process to correct this issue is as follows:
1. Download the latest Sentinel System Driver from Rainbow website. Prior to the implementing an updated hardware key driver, contact Group Logic technical support for information on the latest supported driver version.
2. Remove the hardware key from the system.
3. Run the driver installer that was downloaded in step 1. Follow the 'typical' or 'full' install path.
4. When the install has completed, re-insert the hardware key.
5. Determine whether application recognizes the hardware key by launching MassTransit.
- Are you installing MassTransit under an account with Administrator privileges?
- Is there virus or backup software on the machine that would prevent the hardware key drivers or system files from being correctly installed?