This article applies to:
- Acronis Files Connect (formerly ExtremeZ-IP)
When editing a document over the network, the file being saved inherits the permissions of the Temporary Items folder.
Steps to Reproduce:
Customers report this can happen to an Acronis Files Connect volume when:
- Parent directory of an Acronis Files Connect volume resets permissions on all child objects and enables propagation of inheritable permissions
- Security changes are made to drive letter which is above a Acronis Files Connect volume
- Permissions are manually changed on the 'Network Trash' folder for a given Acronis Files Connect Volume
- Permissions are manually changed on the 'Temporary Items' folder for a given Acronis Files Connect Volume
Certain applications use the 'Network Trash' and 'Temporary Items' folders when performing a 'Save' or 'Save As'. Permission for these folders are not correctly applied when performing a 'Save' or 'Save As'.
- Stop Acronis Files Connect service from the Services Control Panel
- For each Acronis Files Connect volume delete the 2 hidden Windows folders:
- Temporary Items
- Network Trash
- Restart Acronis Files Connect (folders above will be recreated)