How can I set mobilEcho and activEcho to listen on the same port on one computer?
If activEcho and mobilEcho are installed on one computer, they can both listen on the same port (e.g. 443) only if they are bound to different IP addresses (multi-homing). Follow the steps below:
- Open a Command Prompt and type the following line for each IP address that will be used. Replace the <ip address> part with the corresponding IP address.
- on Windows Server 2008: netsh http add iplisten <ip address>
- on Windows Server 2003: httpcfg.exe set iplisten -i <ip address>
- Open the Registry Editor (Start -> Run -> regedit) and navigate to the following path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\mobilEcho\Parameters4\NonRefreshable
- Double click on IPAdress. An Edit Multi-String window opens.
- In the Value Data field type the IP address that will be used for connections to mobilEcho.
- Click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\conf
- Open the server.xml file with Notepad.
- Find the following line:
<Connector port="443" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
Note: If you have already changed activEcho's port, the new port number will be written instead of 443.
- Add the red text as in the example below. Replace the <IP address> part with the IP address that will be used for connections to activEcho.
<Connector port="443" address="<IP address>" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
Note: If you want to use a port other than 443, replace the port number now. 443 is the default HTTPS port, so if you change it, the new port will have to be appended to the server URL when accessing the servers. mobilEcho's port can be changed from mobilEcho Administrator -> Settings
- Save and close the server.xml file.
- Stop the mobilEcho service.
- Restart Tomcat.
- Start the mobilEcho service.
For additional technical notes, please check our online documentation.