Edit the archive.xml file to have the protection alert refreshed
This article applies to:
- If there is no image backup of your system partition, Acronis True Image Home 2010 will warn you at the welcome screen that the system is not protected:
- You back up your system partition to protect the machine. The backup shows in the Recovery wizard:
Because you have the system backup now, at the welcome screen there is no warning:
- Then you close Acronis True Image Home 2010, browse to where the backup file is and move it to some other location;
- After starting Acronis True Image Home 2010, it will not detect the backup archive and display the warning again;
- You add the backup archive back to Acronis True Image Home 2010 by clicking Recovery -> Browse for backup...:
- After you add the system backup, there is still the warning message at the welcome screen:
Issue in the product. The message may fail to refresh automatically.
- Browse to where the product's backup database is stored:
/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Acronis/TrueImageHome/Database
- Open the archive.xml file in a text editor (e.g. Notepad):
- Find the following string:
Archive DataType="0" Flags="0"
And change it to:
Archive DataType="0" Flags="8"
- Save the file with the exact same name: archive.xml
This has already been fixed and the fix is available in the latest released build. See Installation of the latest update of an Acronis product.