Make sure the user exists and is not hidden. Or use a different user
- You attempt to a run mailbox-level backup or a database-level backup with the Include mailboxes and folders or Include e-mails options;
- After providing credentials to access Microsoft Exchange Server, the backup attempts fails with the following error:
Cannot find the mailbox of user 'name of user' on Microsoft Exchange Server
The mailbox of the user whose credentials you specify to access the Microsoft Exchange Server does not exist or is hidden.
Make sure that the mailbox of the user:
- Is a real existing mailbox;
- Is not hidden. If it is, please unhide it:
- On the Microsoft Exchange Server log into Administrator;
- Go to View -> Hidden recipients;
- Select the recipient whose mailbox you are trying to back up;
- Go to Properties -> Advanced;
- Deselect the Hidden from Address Book checkbox.
- If you are on Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 and the mailbox both exists and is not hidden, activate the mailbox by logging into it from Microsoft Outlook at least once.