Download an ISO image from the Acronis website, burn it to a CD/DVD, and issue a special command to get the proper screen resolution
This article applies to:
- Acronis Software
- You boot from Acronis Bootable Media;
- When booted, the Graphical User Interface (GUI) is garbled or of low resolution.
Acronis Bootable Media of Acronis True Image Home failed to correctly detect the video card.
- Hit F11 when booted from Acronis Bootable Media (on the selection screen) and in the command-line window enter the following:
- This will give a list of all available graphic modes:
- Type in the one that suits you best and hit Enter;
- After you boot into the '#' prompt please issue the /bin/product command to start the GUI.
Once you know the video mode that suits best, next time you boot you can enter the mode's ID instead of vga=ask. This will boot straight into the selected mode.
Here is a quick resolution value reference table:
As workaround, you can use a WinPE media.