During installation of Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 on a MS Windows Server 2003 or MS Windows Small Business Server 2003 with MS Exchange 2003 on it, the checkbox to install the Agent for Exchange is grayed out. To fix this, a Windows registry key has to be modified.
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 Advanced Server SBS Edition
- You attempt to install Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 on a MS Windows Server 2003 or MS Windows Small Business Server 2003 with MS Exchange 2003 on it;
- You want to check the checkbox in order to install the Acronis Agent for Exchange;
- This checkbox is grayed out.
This issue is caused by a Windows registry key with a special value. This value indicates that MS Exchange 2007 is installed. As a result the installation routine disables the option for Acronis Agent for Exchange installation.
To fix this problem, change the value in related Windows registry key.
(!) Before applying any modification to Windows registry, please ensure that you have exported the related Windows registry key. In order to be able to roll back to this point, you should perform a backup of the related machine.
- Open the Windows registry editor: Hit Win-R and type in regedit;
- Navigate to following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Exchange\v8.0
- Rename this key to something other (e.g. renamed_v8.0);
- Reattempt the installation.