This article describes how to activate online backup. Make sure you have an account at the Acronis website, then log into your account through the product.
This article applies to:
- Acronis vmProtect 8
To activate your subscription, you will need to:
- Have an account at the Acronis website;
- Download and install Acronis vmProtect 8;
- Activate the subscription online;
- Log into your account with the activated subscription through the product.
Activating Acronis vmProtect Online subscription:
- Log into your Acronis account:
If you do not have an account, you will need to create one. See Registration at Acronis Website.
- Register the serial number for the online backup subscription:
- Press Accept if you accept the Acronis Terms and Conditions:
- You will see this confirmation in your email account:
- Launch Acronis vmProtect 8 web console and click on Online Backup Subscription:
- Specify credentials to log in to Acronis Online Backup Storage and press OK:
- Select available subscription from the list and click on Activate now:
- Confirm the activation and click on OK:
- Activation may take several minutes:
- When activation completes, you will see the selected machine in the list of the activated subscriptions:
Creating a backup to Online storage
- Click on Backup and choose the virtual machines to backup. Click on Next to proceed:
- Plan the schedule and click Next to proceed:
- At Step 3 click on Browse to choose the Online Backup Storage:
- At the Browse window, click on Online backup storage, provide the credentials for your Acronis account and click Log in:
- Set the name of archive and click OK:
- To save the backup plan press Next:
See Acronis vmProtect 8.