Make sure the backup slice you are trying to validate is in the same folder with the rest of the chain. If it is, this slice is probably corrupted. Please recreate it
This article applies to:
- True Image 2013 by Acronis
An attempt to validate a backup slice fails with the following message and error code:
Error message: Failed to open backup. It may be inconsistent or corrupted
Error code: 0x01EF0013+0x000B041D+0x00040011+0x0000FFF0+0x80070002
There are three possible causes:
- The backup slice that you are trying to validate is probably not in the same folder with the rest of chain;
- The backup slice is on a location inaccessible at the time of the validation attempt;
- The backup slice is corrupted.
A backup slice is an incremental or differential backup.
- Please make sure that the backup slice that you are trying to validate is in the same folder with the main full backup and the backup chain;
- Make sure that the location of the backup is accessible at the time of validation. For example, use Windows Explorer to browse to the folder with the backups - this could be a folder on a USB disk or a network folder.
- If all of the backups in the chain are in the same folder and the folder is accessible, then the backup slice is probably corrupted. In this case, it is strongly recommended to delete the corrupted slice and recreate it.
Please contact Acronis Customer Central if the issue persists.