There are a number of solutions to fix the issue
This article applies to:
- True Image 2013 by Acronis
An installation attempt fails with the following error code:
There are a number of possible causes. Please see below.
If this is an upgrade installation - i.e. you are installing True Image 2013 over a previous version of the product - then please do the following:
- Uninstall the previous version through Add/Remove (or Uninstall a program);
- Reattempt the installation.
If this is a clean new installation or if the solution above does not help, please do the following:
- Redownload the installation file. Make sure the the file has been downloaded correctly. See How to Calculate and Verify MD5 Checksum of Acronis Product Installation File. Reattempt the installation.
- If the issue persists, use Cleanup Utility to remove all traces of Acronis installation. See Acronis True Image: Cleanup Utility. Reattempt the installation.
- If the issue persists, your Windows Installer could be broken. To fix the Windows installer, please see one of the following Microsoft articles:
- Windows XP: The Windows Installer service could not be accessed
- Windows Vista, Windows 7: The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed
Please contact Acronis Customer Central if the issue persists or you need assistance.