If the Acronis Storage Node component crashes during any operation, please enable the automatic dump creation on this machine for troubleshooting purposes.
To enable automatic dump creation, follow these steps:
- On the machine, where the Acronis Storage Node is installed, go to Start -> Run -> regedit.exe -> and hit Enter;
- Navigate to the following key:
- Right-click on the key and create a new DWORD name AutoCreateDump with value of 1:
- Restart Acronis Storage Node Service to activate this setting;
- When Acronis Storage Node crashes, it automatically saves the dump file in the following location:
Windows XP/2003 Server: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\ASN\Logs
Windows 7/2008/2012 Server: C:\ProgramData\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\ASN\Logs
- Collect the system report on this machine. See Acronis Backup 11.7/11.5: Generating System Report.
(!) Generating this report may take a significant amount of time, as it will need to compress and pack the resulting large dump file into the report (will be the size of RAM used by the process during the crash). The large size will also prevent you sending it via e-mail - so see the next steps below;
- Contact Acronis Customer Central with a reference to this article.
- Zip the dump file and upload it with the system report to the provided FTP account. See Uploading Files to Acronis FTP Server.
- To disable the dump file creation, please set the AutoCreateDump registry key value to 0 (null).
- Acronis Backup 11.7: Generating System Report
- Getting Support through Acronis Website
- Uploading Files to Acronis FTP Server