Recovery of an MS Exchange storage group or database fails with error "The path cannot be the root directory.”. To work around use, a directory other than root
You attempt to restore an Exchange database and run a restore operation similar to the following one:
- You want to restore your database (e.g. MyDB1) in recover storage group;
- Select archive from local folder C:\Backups;
- Select for recovery MyDB1;
- Select Custom -> Recovery database option as recovery destination;
- Select Mount recovered databases: Mount;
- Select Logs path: E:\ ;
- Leave other settings as default;
- When executing this recovery task, you will receive an error similar to the following one:
Message: PowerShell error details: Cannot bind parameter 'LogFolderPath'. Cannot convert value "E:\" to type "Microsoft.Exchange.Data.NonRootLocalLongFullPath". Error: "The path cannot be the root directory."
This is limitation of this operation. The path to choose cannot be the root directory.
To work around this issue, please choose a directory other than root.