Restore the partition from Acronis Bootable Media
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2011
- In Windows, you run Acronis True Image Home 2010 and select a partition to restore from a backup on Network Direct Attached Storage (NDAS);
- As restore destination you point to a locked partition (e.g. a system partition);
- Acronis True Image Home 2010 reboots to perform the restore;
- After the reboot, the operation fails with an error message similar to the following one:
E00040007: error loading file
The modified Linux mode into which Acronis True Image reboots to perform the operation does not support NDAS.
Perform the same operation from Acronis Bootable Media, which supports NDAS.
If the partition is not locked (i.e. restoring it does not require a reboot), then you should be able to restore it in Windows.