After applying Try&Decide changes reboot the computer before creating Acronis Secure Zone with allocating space for it from system partition
This article applies to:
- You turn on the Try&Decide mode in Acronis True Image Home 2010;
- Then you turn the Try&Decide mode off and choose to apply the changes without reboot:
- Then you try to create Acronis Secure Zone and allocate space for it from your system partition:
- This operation involves resizing of your system partition and requires a reboot to complete:
- After rebooting, Acronis True Image Home 2010 errors out with the Disk is not found error message:
- No Acronis Secure Zone is created.
When you select to apply the Try&Decide changes without rebooting, the feature is formally not deactivated.
Try&Decide gets fully deactivated (if you turn it off) on the first reboot, which is required to fully restore the initial MBR. If creation of Acronis Secure Zone requires a reboot and is also scheduled on the same reboot as the deactivation of Try&Decide, then the latter operation will override the former and creation of Acronis Secure Zone will fail.
Create Acronis Secure Zone after rebooting the machine.
In future there will be implemented a notification that a system restart is required if you are going to create Acronis Secure Zone after applyng Try&Decide changes without a reboot.