This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup for VMware 9 (Acronis vmProtect 9)
- Acronis vmProtect 8
You need Acronis Bootable Media Builder of Acronis Backup for VMware to create Acronis Bootable Media and back up a physical machine as part of the physical to virtual migration (P2V) or restore ESX(i) host configuration.
See also Acronis vmProtect: P2V Migration.
For information on how to download, install and create Acronis Bootable Media see:
- Acronis vmProtect: Downloading Acronis Media Builder
- Acronis vmProtect: Installation of Acronis Bootable Media Builder
- Acronis vmProtect: Creating Acronis Bootable Media
Acronis Bootable Media of Acronis Backup for VMware has the following limitations:
- Recovery of Virtual machines is not possible;
- Backup to Acronis Online Storage is not possible;
- Creation of differential or incremental backups is not possible