Register the MAPI PST service by using either the MFCMAPI tool (go to Profile -> Advanced profile -> Add services to MAPISVC.INF... and select PST) or Mergeini.exe
Recovery of Exchange mailboxes, public folders, or their contents to Outlook 97-2002 PST files terminates with the "Cannot find the MAPI service" error.
Backup of Exchange mailbox(es) fails with "The Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI service provider is disabled." error.
The MAPI PST service is not registered in the MAPISVC.INF file. This service is required to create PST files in Outlook 97-2002 format.
You need to register the MAPI PST service by adding the information about the service to the MAPISVC.INF file. This file acts as the central database for MAPI message service configuration information. It contains information about each of the message services installed on the machine, information about the service providers that belong to each message service, and information about the MAPI subsystem.
You can register the service by using either the MFCMAPI tool or Mergeini.exe.
Using the MFCMAPI tool
MFCMAPI is an open-source software that uses Microsoft's published APIs to provide access to MAPI stores through a graphical user interface.
- Download the archive with the latest version of the MFCMAPI tool from https://mfcmapi.codeplex.com/ and extract its contents to a desired folder.
- Run the executable (mfcmapi.exe).
- Go to Profile -> Advanced profile -> Add services to MAPISVC.INF...
- Select the PST and Exchange checkboxes.
- Click OK.
Mergeini.exe is a utility that comes with the Microsoft Platform Software Development Kit (SDK).
- In a text editor (e.g., Notepad), create a new text file. Paste the following text in the file and save the file as MSPST.INF:
MSPST MS=Personal Folders File (.pst)
PR_PROVIDER_DISPLAY=Personal Folders File (.pst)
- Start Windows Command Prompt (cmd.exe).
- Type in the following and press Enter:
mergeini <full path to MSPST.INF>
The MSPST.INF file will be merged into MAPISVC.INF.
After you have registered the MAPI PST service in the MAPISVC.INF file, restart the recovery task.
Feel free to contact Acronis Support with the reference to this article if you have any questions or issues.