Delete the Acronis Storage Node to which the tape is attached and then create it again to solve the issue
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server Build 11105
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Small Business Server Edition Build 11105
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation Build 11105
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition Build 11105
- You update Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 to Build 11105;
- After updating, you connect Acronis Management Console to Acronis Management Server;
- In Acronis Management Server you click Storage nodes -> Create centralized vault. As a path to the vault you specify Tape drives;
- The operation fails with an error message similar to the following one:
Code: 2,555,960 (0x270038)
Module: D:\Program Files\Acronis\StorageNode\StorageServer.exe
Message: Failed to add vault
Code: 2,555,948 (0x27002C)
Message: Failed to create vault
Code: 1,314,722 (0x140FA2)
Code: 65,520 (0xFFF0)
Message: The specified procedure could not be found
The ntmsapia.dll file responsible for tape management on the Storage Node was not updated automatically.
This has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest build of Acronis Backup & Recovery 10. See Downloading the Latest Build of Acronis Software.
To solve the issue without downloading, proceed as described below:
- Remove the Storage Node from Acronis Management Server;
- On the machine with the tape uninstall the Storage Node; then make sure that the ntmsapia.dll file is removed. If it still exists, delete it:
\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\Common\ntmsapia.dll
- Install Acronis Storage Node on the machine with the tape device afresh;
- Register Acronis Storage Node in Acronis Management Server;
- In Acronis Management Server, create the centralized vault on the Storage Node on tape.
This issue has already been fixed.