Create a custom Windows PE image with deployment script using asdcmd tool
This article applies to:
- Acronis Snap Deploy 4
This article describes how to automate a standalone deployment and use custom scripts under WinPE.
To automate a standalone deployment, a custom script should be used running under the WinPE, as the Acronis Snap Deploy 4 Standalone Utility does not allow using deployment templates:
- Create a script using Acronis Snap Deploy 4 command-line syntax. Please see a sample script for automated image deployment.
- Mount a WinPE.wim file in ImageX application:
imagex /mountrw c:\winpe_x86\winpe.wim 1 c:\winpe_x86\mount
- More information about creating a custom WinPE Image can be found in this Technet article.
- Add the created script to the WinPE.wim file. Create a Winpeshl.ini file with the following structure:
Where wpeinit.exe is the name of your script placed into the %SYSTEMROOT%\System32 folder on your mounted Windows PE image. And put the Winpeshl.ini into the %SYSTEMROOT%\System32 folder.
Read more about how to include a custom script in a WinPE Image in this Technet article.
- Unmount the WinPE.wim file:
imagex /unmount c:\winpe_x86\mount /commit
- Add Acronis Snap Deploy 4 to the created WinPE.wim image and create Acronis Bootable Media. Please refer to Acronis Snap Deploy 4: Creating WinPE-Based Acronis Bootable Media.