In order to boot a virtual machine in a Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV) environment using Acronis bootable media, follow these steps:
- Upload ISO image to virtual machine hosted on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization;
- Launch RHEV Manager Administration portal;
- On the side pane, select the Tree tab. On System, click the + icon to display the available data centers;
- Double click on the Default data center and click on Storage. The available storage domains display on the results list. Click New Domain;
- When the New Domain dialog box displays, select ISO domain:
- From the host machine, run the below command to upload the ISO image to ISO domain.
rhevm-iso-uploader -v --iso-domain=ISO upload /ISO_Path
E.g. rhevm-iso-uploader -v --iso-domain=ISO upload /tmp/rhel-server-5.8-x86_64-dvd.iso
- After the images have been uploaded, check that they are available for use in the Manager Administration portal.
- Navigate to the Tree and click Expand All
- Under Storage, click the name on the ISO domain. It displays in the results list. Click on it to display its details pane;
- On the details pane, select Images tab. The list of available images should populate with the files which you have uploaded:
- Select Virtual Machine, edit the settings and select Attach ISO.
- Select the ISO image from the ISO domain.
- Power on the Virtual Machine.
- Online Help: How Acronis Backup 11.7 works with RHEV